Tuesday 7 April 2015

Liebster Award

I'm honoured to have been nominated to take part in the Liebster Award, which is a tag designed to help new bloggers with under 200 followers gain some recognition, and publicize their blog a little more. I was nominated by the lovely Paige, who was one of the first people to recognize my blog, and so I am very grateful to her. She blogs about fashion, beauty and her general daily doings, so be sure to check out her blog. Thanks for the nomination Paige!

Rules to the tag:

  1. Thank and link the person who nominated you.
  2. Answer the nominator's 11 questions.
  3. Nominate 11 small blogs who have less than 200 followers. You should believe that they deserve this award and include their links in your post.
  4. Create 11 new questions for your nominees to answer. Notify these nominees via social media/blogs.
So on with the tag! Below are my answers to the questions given to me by Paige:
  1. Where do you see yourself in 10 years? I hope that in 10 years, I will finally be a History teacher, hopefully back at my current school, and perhaps starting to settle down and start a family. 
  2. Is blogging more of a job or a hobby for you? It's definitely more of a hobby for me. Although I am new to this, I'm really enjoying having somewhere to express myself. If my blog does become successful, who knows, maybe it could become a way of making money, but for now, I am more than happy for it to just be a little bit of fun.
  3. If you could only use 3 beauty products for the rest of your life, what would they be? I would have to say 'Mane and Tail Shampoo/Conditioner' - this is a product I've only been trying for a month or so, but I am absolutely loving it. There will be a blog post on this in the near future so stay posted for that. I also really love Coconut Oil, and it's my favourite scent ever, so that's definitely something I couldn't go with out. Lastly, I'd have to say a foundation. I'm not too picky with the exact brand, but I'm quite self concious about my skin, and so I would feel out of place if I had to live without foundation. I'm currently loving MaxFactor's 3 in 1 Facefinity, as it gives good coverage and stays put throughout the day.
  4. When did you start your blog and why? I started my blog just over a week ago. I did start a blog about a year ago, but I gave up on it very quickly as I couldn't really engage with it, but I feel differently this time around. I mainly started it so that I could inspire others with my thoughts and ideas, but I'm really enjoying just having somewhere to express myself, and I like the idea of making people smile through my posts. 
  5. Are there any make-up mishaps you used to do that make you cringe now?
    Oh, there are so many. Until not so long ago, I used to draw on my eyebrows very badly. It literally looked like I had taken a sharpie to my face and given myself a monobrow. I'm so glad that I finally outgrew the phase and have stopped drawing/filling my eyebrows in all together. 
    This photo genuinely makes me want to vom - 14 year old Lauren experimenting with eyebrows and thinking I'm Cara Delievigne *cringe*
  6. What is your must have accessory? I'm really loving hats at the moment. I recently bought a few fedoras and I just think they really complete an outfit, especially now the weather is getting nicer. Add a hat and it can instantly glam up your outfit. 
  7. How would you describe your style? I don't have a specific style really; I kind of just wear anything that I like at the time. My style can go from being grunge one day, to super girly the next, but at the moment, I am finding myself to be buying mostly floral and colourful clothing.
  8. What niche did you pick for your blog and why? I chose to base my blog mainly on lifestyle (although it does feature other areas such as fashion/beauty, school and travel), as I wanted to have somewhere where I could document all of the little events in my life that make me happy. 
  9. If you could pick anywhere in the world to spend the rest of your life, where would it be and why? Oooh this question is a tough little cookie. I don't think I'd want to commit myself to being in just one place for a lifetime. I'm much more adapted to the idea of exploring the world and visiting every little corner of the world that I possibly can. There is so much to be seen and experienced, so I wouldn't want to stay in the same old place for too long. 
  10. What is your favourite childhood memory? Although things are very different now, I will always adore the memories I made with my cousins. We were all very close as children, and I remember going round to my Grandparent's house regularly to have sleepovers and dinner, and all of us would sit round on the living room floor eating food and playing games. I had a very happy childhood when I think back to it.
    My childhood involved me frequently dressing up my little brother in my princess dresses - obviously I had a great childhood...mwahaha
  11. What is something we don't know about you? I am half Scottish! My Dad was born and bred in Glasgow, and moved down south when he was about 11 years old. I've always lived in the same area so whenever I mention that I am part Scottish, I don't feel so plain and boring anymore.
To take part in the Liebster Award, I nominate:
  1. What is the most valuable lesson you have learned in life?
  2. What is your pet peeve?
  3. What is your favourite fashion store?
  4. What inspires you?
  5. Why did you decide to start a blog?
  6. Who is your favourite blogger?
  7. What is your favourite quote and why?
  8. What are your biggest dreams/aspirations?
  9. What are you afraid of?
  10. What makes you happy?
  11. What three things do you want to do before you die?
Comment on this post once you have posted your answers so I can be nosey and have a read! Enjoy, and be sure to follow the rules!



4 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed reading this, you answered the questions so well! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. done! :) love your blog too! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. all done and answered your questions, thanks again! - http://sophiehelman.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/liebster-award.html

    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gosh I used to draw on my eyebrows heavily too- thank goodness I have very little photographic evidence of that phase haha. Thank you again for the nomination love, here's my post!

    http://mylovelierdays.com/liebster-award/#more-595

    ReplyDelete